Thursday, September 1, 2011

I know. I've Been Slacking.

So I know I haven't posted since the week I got back from vacation. But it's not that I haven't tried or that I haven't thought about it, it's just things around here just started getting a little crazy.
So lets play catch-up. 
The weekend I got back from vacation we were all suppose to go camping however I had totally forgot about the Young Single Adult Conference that was the same weekend.  So after some major debating I decided, and felt, like I need to go to the conference. And now I know why because. . . I'M ENGAGED!
Haha. Just kidding! (He he) Oh gosh. That totally made me laugh. (I don't know if you guys thought that was as funny as I did, but I thought it was.) But anyways. It was so good. All the friends I had made were leaving for school the next week so that was the last time I was going to be able to hang out with them. And, luckily I I was able to make a few new friends who would be staying so that was good. And I was able to meet the Institute Director as well as the institute teacher who would be teaching the Wednesday night class. (And let me just add that they are not too bad looking at all. And I know that I sound like a creeper, but I wouldn't say that unless it was true. Not bad at all.)
So the speakers and the talks were super good. The topics that were talked about and discussed where so good and I felt like they were the things that I had been thinking a lot about and needed to hear or be assured of. I absolutely felt like I was exactly where I needed to be. It was so much fun. I also got to see, and hear from, all four of the Stake Presidents here in the Springs. One of them being Bruce R. McConkie's son! He was so old and cute! I just wanted to squeeze him. And it helped that his talk was really good. I loved it.
(And sorry Kelsie. I wasn't able to take pictures from the conference)
Brendan was totally bummed that I couldn't go but they ended up having a super good time anyways. This is Kate's camping outfit.

 Brendan and his brother-in-law Shawn jumped off this rock and into this small lake It looked like so much fun and I totally would have done it too. But maybe next time.
So that Monday was crazy. Kate started Pre-School and I started Institute. 

Kate was very excited. They even had her name on the door and everything. As well as a little cubby for her (with her name on it) to hang her coat and back pack.


It was very cute and she was very excited. And she didn't cry once. Sometimes when she goes new places with all new people she tends to freak and have little break downs but she has not had one yet so we are very thankful for that.
So after we dropped her off I got ready for my first institute class. I do have a picture but it is not cooperating with me. But it was good. I am taking a Book of Mormon class Mondays and Wednesday mornings with Bro. Palmer, the very nice looking Institute Director. Then that Wednesday night I went to the Old Testament class that is taught by Brother Goss. Oh Brother Goss. So far it is going really well. I really like it a lot and I'm doing lots of reading. I love it and am very excited to see what else is to come.
So side note. Sunday nights the Family Ward I go to with Kate has a Young Single Adults Family Home Evening with the YSA leaders. So this is the crazy part. There is this guy who goes (I'll have to some how manage to get a picture with out looking like a total creeper) who looks just like Bobby Ray. No lie. I'm sure he already things I'm a creeper because I just stared at him with this, "Holy Cow! You two had to have been separated at birth" look on my face. Minor difference in the nose but the exact same. It's way creepy.
So The next night we did our very home FHE. I cooked Chicken Enchilada's and then we all went outside and roasted s'mores. 



Kate loved her's but didn't anticipate the chocolate getting all over her. It was funny.

Brendan even sang our opening song all by himself. His musical selection was "Families Can be Together Forever." It was great. Corinne and I just sat there and couldn't believe that he remembered all the words. It was pretty great.

 Kate really enjoyed roasting the marshmallows. That's all she really wanted to do after a while.

I just like to work on the technique. If you let it catch on fire and then blow it out then only the outside really cooks and then it doesn't melt the chocolate as well. And then if you don't hold it at a certain angle it will melt and slip off your roaster so then it falls in. That is, or can be, a very sad moment.

So Corinne had this idea of putting chunky peanut butter in the s'mores. If I wasn't fat enough. Those suckers were amazing. I pretty sure I dreamed of chunky peanut butter s'mores that night. It was lots of fun. And they were super yummy. And after Kate went to bed Corinne, Brendan, and I hung out outside for a bit little longer and kept looking for things to burn until I kept falling asleep in my chair then I went to bed.
So anyways. It was a good time. Sorry it's been a while but things here are good. We are having lots of family over this weekend so I'm sure that will be another good blog to read about. But things are going well.
A little crazy, but lot of fun. 

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are enjoying institute, but you should definitely stop ogling your teachers, who I'm sure, are married. Creeper. Let's get some photo evidence of this bobby clone in the next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, i love the fhe activity, that smore sounds AWESOME!! I'm jealous that its cold enough where you live to wear a hoodie and sweats already! :( I want to wear comfy clothes too! lol...

    ReplyDelete