Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Gotta Love the Fam.

So last Tuesday Kate somehow got into this crazy giving spirit and decided that it was my birthday. So she gave two presents just for me.

 From off her very own feet.
So then Brendan gave me a present as well.

My very own tooth brush to brush my teeth. I know. So giving.
So as of last week I have officially instated "quite time". This is time that Kate has to play and not watch TV. But what it is really is nap time. So on Wednesday I walked up stairs to put a few things away and found this.

She had come out of her room and fell asleep on the top of the stairs in front of my room. I thought it was super funny.
So on Wednesday it rained ALL day. Then Thursday there was fog ALL day. And of course it was the wet, misty, dizzley fog (that didn't lift til about four in the afternoon). Thursday night there was apparently a storm. So anyways. On Friday morning we backed out of the drive way and guess what? There was snow on the mountains! And I guess maybe I would have been a little excited to see snow however it totally scared me and made me totally nervous. But here are a few picture of the mountains.

Sorry about the stop light.

So then on Saturday I thought about having my very own quite time until I got invited to go the zoo, and since I haven't been since the first day I got here, I decided to go. Let me just tell you. Apparently in the middle of the afternoon when the sun is out is the time to go because they were all out and ready to party like there was no tomorrow.
So here are some of the other animals that I was able to see or haven't shown everyone yet.

Here is Pumbaa and his family. (he he)

So I saw this bird thing and thought it was super cool.

So this is Timon. The last time I went meerkats were no where in site. They were probably hiding because it was cold and raining.

Arthur was out and present, ready to party as well!
So then as we kept walking and looking and we saw this deer just standing on the side of the road just hanging out wanting to play.

So I thought I would take advantage of the photo op.
As we kept going we came across the moose again and I just really liked how the moose was just lying there,

 enjoying the afternoon like everyone else. It just made me so happy.
So fact about Ashlynn if your didn't know. For the longest time I have wanted a sloth. I just do. I just love them and the fact that they really don't do anything. I just think that they are they funniest things ever. So as we walk around this room that is a big circle there were smaller monkeys and, my fave, SLOTHS.


Just hanging out like sloths do. They just made me extremely happy. I just love them and want them so much. One day...
So as we were coming out of the room I see this thing sitting right outside the door and for some reason I got so scared. I thought walking by may scare it, and then it would have attacked me with it's furocious beak. But it was ok. I threw my friend in front of me and made a break for it. Don't worry. Luckily we all made it out alive. 


So one of the things that I wasn't able to see last time were the lions. So I was very excited to know that they were also ready to party.
 I call this one Nala. 

 And these ones don't have a name. Yet...
So I have been waiting for a package from home and today I finally got it.
I think this is probably one of the first box packages that I have received (that I can remember it) and it made me very excited.

I just really liked that my name was on it. Kinda like my credit card.

So I received a few of my cookbooks, plus a new one. Thanks mom! Some new contacts, a dress hat for the winter, and this lovely note .

Thank you guys! It really just made my whole day..
And I really like the new book that i got. It had some yummy stuff in there that Corinne and I are excited to give a test run. We're thinking that we'll start with one of these tonight.

Haha. Just kidding. Beth and Eric have our shaker til Friday.

2 comments:

  1. so you went to the zoo without Kate? I'm jealous of your cool weather. We were sweating to death waiting to pick Andi up from school yesterday and were ready for a swim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Go with the Rasberry Tequila. And I hope you liked your package. It cost me 10$. Expensive! And really? The sloth thing again? You need to find Simba. That's your new mission.

    ReplyDelete