Friday, October 7, 2011

The Golden Triad

So I don't know if you remember our good friends Joe and Desi Ross? I don't know if I have have talked about them yet but they were our friends who we went to the renaissance fair with. So anyways, this past weekend they moved houses from Parker, CO to Aurora, CO. So I think I had the best part of the job. While they moved and labored and packed and what not, I was on "kid duty" which pretty much meant to keep them occupied while Corinne, Brendan, and Desi (Joe is currently deployed so he missed this crazy venture) did all the things that they needed to do without having to worry about the little kids running around. 
So first we loaded all the kids up and I took them to the new house and we played there a little while.

From left to right: Barrett, 3; Rogan 4; and Princess Kate 4 going on 14.

It of course was empty for the most part so we played hide-n-seek, then they ate some chicken nuggets, then decided to watch Alvin and the Chipmunks on the laptop.

It was pretty cute. Kate had her sleeping bag and the boys brought their pillows and blankets so they all gathered around the laptop and laid on the floor.

As the loading trucks started getting closer we loaded up back into the car and all went to the park so they weren't running around while they unloaded and moved all of the heavy objects. We played for a while and then they got kind of tired and decided to take a break and have some juice and a small snack. 
After we were ready to leave the park everyone at home was still unloading the trucks so then Desi and Corinne just said that if I just drove around they would go to sleep and guess what. . .

they did. It was really funny to watch them all just slowly fade out. So I drove around for a while and they all went to sleep I was told I could get me a treat so when they all tapped out I got a Wendy's frosty as a "job well done" treat because really, it was. 
So after about two and a half hours we headed back home and played there with all the toys in the play room that had been unloaded. So finally after a few minutes of nagging, Rogan convinced me to build a track for his train. So for missing a few pieces and 45 minutes later, I think Thomas the Tank would be pretty impressed with my mini version of Sodor.
After dinner, the kids and I rough-housed for a little bit and played more hike-n-seek (because now there where lots of boxes which upped the intensity).
So then Desi started taking some pictures of the kids and so she could send them to Joe; so naturally I gave her my camera and asked her to take a few for me for the blog and to help me remember how much I enjoy my job.
However because they are 4 and younger this is the best one I got.

2 comments:

  1. haha, kate looks like she's having a blast. i have some friends stationed there who just had a baby boy less than a month ago. They are pretty hysterical if you ever need a good laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happened to I babysat the Crazy Billings kids in Denver the night before? Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete