Tuesday, December 13, 2011

So Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving.

So as most of you know, or found out, but I did not come home for Thanksgiving this year. It was my very first Thanksgiving away from home however I was still able to spend it was my family.
The Monday before Thanksgiving is when the whole Preston Family (minus one granddaughter) was going to show up and stay in the house for a whole week. 
How many people total?
There was:
Grandma Preston,
Jeff and Aki and their two kids,
Andrew and Pam and three of there kids,
Brendan and Corinne with me and Kate,
And Shawn and Megan with there four kids, making a grand total of 20 people living in one house for one whole week. Yes at points it might have seemed a little crazy however it really was just so much fun. It was the first time in four years that all the family had been together for a holiday.
So because there was going to be so many people I thought that it might be a lot easier to cook the weekend before and freeze everything it and just pull it out as we need it rather than have about fifty thousands dishes to have to cook and clean in one night.
So the Friday night before I went to Costco with Beth and Kate. Oh how I have missed my Costco time. So then after Corinne and I ran a few errands the next morning I spent the majority of my day cooking.
By the time I was done, I had cooked two lasagnas, two chicken casseroles. and cooked two of those huge cans of whole peeled tomatoes  into spaghetti sauce. Yeah. I was just a little tired. However it was so nice, and a lot less stressful, to have everything all cooked without having a huge clean up and everyone ate lots of it. 
So Thanksgiving was super fun.
We all woke up and played Turkey Bowl. It was so good. The good team consisted of Myself, Brendan, Andrew, Megan, and Matt.
The Lame team was made up of, Jeff, Shawn, Garrett, Preston, and our friend from institute Ben.
Obviously they are the lame team because they won. However it was a super close game that came down to who could cheat the better. And I am proud to say that it was not our team. Ha. False.Actually they just got lucky. But whatever. I'm not bitter. But next year, you are getting it Jeff and Shawn.
Then after we all went home and started getting diner ready.
Everyone kept asking me if it was so much different than what I was use to because it wasn't so crazy but really it was very similar to the Cola family Thanksgiving. The only thing that didn't happen was a family fight but that only happens every so often anyways so no. It wasn't that different at all.
So after dinner Corinne and I decided that we wanted to go to Target for the midnight black Friday opening since either of us had gone before. 
Corinne had invited Matt over after he got off work so he could have food but instead he had to take it to go because I made Matt go with us. It was fun. Corinne got a bunch of stuff and I got a few things and Matt got an 18 piece pot and pan set for like 20 bucks. I would say that it was super successful trip full of laughs and tired mid-night giggles.
So then we came back, dropped Corinne off, Matt got more food and then we went back out to the mall.
So I have never gone Black Friday shopping but it wasn't as crazy as I thought it would be. It was super fun and I actually got a lot of stuff.
So after we came back and sat down for a little but, Matt passed out on the couch and I passed out on the floor. It was quite funny when I woke up and was totally shocked that I was on the floor and had absolutely no clue how I got there. I guess I was just a little tired.
So after I woke up all the men and and two older boys left to run a few errands leaving Preston all by himself. So I decided that we would go on a small date. I was tired and needed something to wake me up. So we ran around the corner to Seven-Eleven and got some gas, hot chocolate, and I let him get a candy. But it was a pretty big deal because I was able to get permission for him to sit in the front seat. I think that he secretly fell in love with me.
So then after the boys came back we all played this game called Ticket to Ride. So there are only five pieces so the married couples were each their own team, Riley and Garrett were a team and I got stuck with Matt.
So this story made short. Matt and I have never played, or had heard of this game, but we won! We TOTALLY dominated. I think they were all kind of bummed but were super impressed with us. I was gonna take a picture but Shown started putting away all the pieces so I couldn't post my win.
Uh, can you say sore loser? Ha ha. Just kidding.
But I feel like my Uncle Randy would have been so proud. I wanted to call and tell him but I think because of the time difference he might have been asleep, but I think that  brought honor to my family that night.
After Friday everyone started departing one family at a time. It was super sad to see them all leave but it was super fun while it lasted.
So my first Thanksgiving away from home was super good.
I was really sad that I wasn't able to be with my family however I loved being with my adopted family!

1 comment:

  1. It was so fun!!! Thank you for all you did!!
    Preston does love you! So sweet of you to take him. we will miss you in Colorado. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete