Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Crap Happens

I think that being able to laugh at unexpected things and yourself, is one of the most important things you could ever learn to do.
So the Wednesday before Lynn and Gary left it honestly felt like anything that was totally horrible and random happened one right after the other. So first. It all started with the snow.
Tuesday night through most of Wednesday it started snowing and it was pretty heavy. So all the roads were icy and covered with snow and for a few hours there was even warning of "blizzard-like conditions." So because of all this I found out a little bit before my morning institute class that I was so excited to go to because I had to miss a week that it was canceled because of the conditions and because the schools got canceled as well. So then it hit me. All the schools got canceled so that meant that Kate would not have pre-school either.
So sad. So institute and school canceled.
So Matt was already up on this side of town when we all found out so he decided to stop by for a little bit before he had to drive all the way back home. So as I was waiting for Matt to come we all heard a crash come from the kitchen.
So we all go in and find the blinds had fallen on the floor. Gary had tried to pull them up and the plastic at the top broke. As he looked at them he noticed that they were broken before and someone had just glued them back together.
(But for super glue and the past four months of us being her they have help up pretty good.)
So classes canceled, and now the blinds broke.
So Matt finally gets here and Kate wants to play Hide-n--go-Seek. So we play that for a while and then Kates gets tired and wanted Matt to read her a book. So Kate sits on her bed, I start to walk down the stairs and then Matt sits on the edge of the bed and I hear a crack, boom!
So I painfully turn around and see that Matt and Kate have fallen to the floor. Apparently where Matt sat the wood had cracked and split and that foot and a half of the bed had broken and fallen off.
So Matt accidentally broke that bed. So then Matt and I look at it and totally figured out a way to fix it. Actually it was my idea but he was the actual labor part.
So we take a quick trip to Home Depot because it is the closest and fixed the bed. So then we test it with Kate. Then with Matt. And then with Kate and Matt together.
So classes canceled, blinds broken, and a broken bed.
So then after we finally took a quick breath we both get a text. The Wednesday night institute class was canceled too!
I was just like really? Really. Really right now? I was SO bummed! I just wanted to go to institute. Is that so much to ask?
All our classes canceled, broken blinds, and broke the bed.
But yes. Really. So then we decided that we were gonna call Mikey and meet her in Manitu because we had not seen her since she get home and we just missed her and were bored and mow had nothing to do. So on the way there, I tell Matt to pull over, I step outside of the car, and I throw up.
After I got it out of my system we continued onward.
Canceled classes, broken blinds, broken bed, vomit.
So we finally get to Manitu and we are parking and Matt is reversing his car and then his tire pops.
Matt and I looked at each other and we just knew. We just sighed and got out of the car.
Feeling defeated we get out of the car and start to change his tire. We tried really hard to hurry and change it before Mikey would got there so no one would ever have to know; however that of course would not be our luck. Just a few seconds later Mikey pulls up and was like, "Oh my gosh what happened?"
Huge sigh.
My favorite classes, and Kates's only class cancelded, broken blinds, broken bed, vomit, and now a popped tire.
So that became out motto for the day. Crap happens. We honestly said it just about after every event. And sometimes it wasn't as funny as other times.
Luckily we can honestly laugh about it now (for the most part) and make jokes about it however I still can just not believe that all of it happened in one day.
Sometimes I will catch myself sitting and just still think about it.
Canceled classes. Broken blinds. Broken bed. Vomit. Popped tire.
And then I just remind myself.
Sometimes Ashlynn, crap happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment