Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Snow Day

So this past weekend was a pretty big weekend. Oh Friday Kate went to the dentist. She got her x-rays taken for the first time and get a cleaning. She loved it. The x-rays at some points were a little uncomfortable but she was a trooper. 


Then Friday night I went roller skating just to prove to everyone that I really can not skate. (Thanks Alexis for that mental scaring). However I did fall a few times and lost my balance, I did surprisingly well. Not Michelle Quan or anything (yet) but not as bad as I was expecting. And almost a week later here is what still remains. 

I'd say it's healing pretty quickly. I was almost gonna take pictures the day after when it looks like I got thrown down a flight of stairs but it was kinda gross so I didn't. 
So really this is the best part I've been wanting to post about. We all woke up on Saturday and found out that it had snowed! I was SO excited! Surprisingly. I thought I might have been scared because my wardrobe it not totally made for the snow but I wasn't. So Kate and I quickly through on some clothes and went out side to play. It was so much fun.

This is what the cars looked like.

The front yard.

The front porch.

One side of the back yard and the some of the neighbors.

So this is what Kate looked like. It was so cute. She reminded me of the little brother on "The Christmas Story" who can't put his arms down mixed with a pink ewok from "Star Wars". She just did and I loved it. 

So this is me pegging Kate in the chest with a snow ball. Luckily Corinne had perfect timing. It was quite funny. Just so everyone knows, I more like tossed it at her instead of full on throwing it at her just so everyone doesn't think I am totally abusive.
So after we through a few snow balls at each other  Kate said that she wanted to make a snowman. So I was all for that. 

However like 45 seconds into actually making it I noticed that Kate had left to do other things like. . .

making snow angels. 
Yeah. She didn't last very long doing the manual labor thing but luckily I'm a Mexican so it all worked out.
So after we played for a little bit longer we got kinda cold and we all came in for some hot chocolate with marshmallows! It was like something people would do on a movie.

As I am drinking my hot chocolate I happen to look over at the right time and notice that Kate was just laying on the floor. She wasn't sleeping or anything but I think she was just a little overwhelmed from all the excitement.
We had to rearrange our plans for the day due to the snow and because parts of the high way were closed so after doing that, Kate and I decided that we would go back outside and play some more before the sun came out. So I started helping put Kate into her suit. It was funny.

Putting her suit on.

Now putting her shoes on.

The first thing we did was makes some more snow angels since the snow was pretty smooth.

This is my outfit that I wore. Mom wasn't to surprised that I matched. I had been saving up all my sets of three, (a hat, scarf, and gloves) my whole life for this very day. I had about four layers on top that all coordinated with my set too.

So then Kate decided she wanted to throw some more snow balls so then I suggested that we make a fort for her to hide behind. Silly me forget that Kate is more of a supervisor. So then I decided to build an igloo instead. And I was almost done too! But then as the sun came out and I somehow hit the top of it funny and the whole roof collapsed. I'm pretty sure I heard it laugh, and mock me on the way down.

This was what was left still standing.

It would have been a legitimate first igloo too. It was long enough that Kate could have backed up into it, or Lola could have used it as a little winter house. (Lola is our little chiuaua/dotson mix. Not very big.)

Sad day.
So after the sun came out and we came in Brendan thought it would be cool to go look at Garden of the Gods again. So we went up a little higher to look at the peak and I thought I would take pictures at a much better, prettier angle of the kissing camels.

But one of the coolest things of the day was the peak. It just sat in a big cloud.

I thought it was so pretty.
Brendan thought I could probably get some cool planking pictures, but there wasn't anyplace that I liked. However I then remember Kelsie told me that planking was totally out and owling was the new thing. So for Kelsie, 

I thought I would give it a try. I kinda like it.

3 comments:

  1. hahaha.... i love the picture, however, you must have missed the sarcasm dripping from that owling information :) haha, but a great picture none the less!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I knew. That's why I did it. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love your ultra coordinated snow gear. But maybe you need to get a suit like Kates ;)

    ReplyDelete