Monday, October 31, 2011

Good-Bye Brendan. Oh Just Kidding.

So three weeks ago Brendan took a trip back to Cali. He stayed in San Diego for a few days for a conference and then drove back to Bakersfield to go on a hunting trip with a few of his friends (it was elk season). After hunting he was was then going to drive a U-Haul back to bring a few remaining items that were left in Bakersfield to Colorado.
So Brendan, Kate, myself, my friend Matt who I invited to come with me just to make sure I  for sure got back to the Springs from Denver because Brendan took the GPS and I had never driven to or from Denver, so I was taking all sorts of precautions.
So after Brendan loaded all his luggage and I loaded my purse with enough snacks and drinks for Kate that could have lasted her a week, we set off. It was a fun car ride; as well as pretty. The drive is full of gorgeous scenery.
So side note. Matt is in the Air Force. So he just recently got his A-2 Flight leather Jakcet. SUPER cool! So I found it in his car like a day after her got it and have pretty much been trying to plot a way to steal it when I leave in December. I think I look super cool and I feel like the girl from Top Gun. 
Don't you think? I love it. It just makes me happy and super warm. So after this picture Matt played with my camera and took a ton of candid pictures that was super fun to go through all of them (NOT); but among them there is this one of me texting and I only put it on because Alexis and Adam like to take pictures of me texting and do it as often as they can. 

So here is another one we can add to the collection.
(Don't you just the jacket! I'm in love.)

So anyways, we unloaded,

said our very sad good-bye's, (Kate was extremely sad),

and then he was off.
So while Brendan has been gone Corinne's parents Lynn and Gary came out because they wanted to be here for Halloween, and wanted to do a small Thanksgiving dinner, and work in a little bit of Christmas too since they won't be back out here til next Spring. So it has been fun with them here. They are just so funny.
So here is the twist. (the "just kidding" part). So Brendan wasn't suppose to return until this Thurday, Friday the latest. However, he decided to fly home a whole three or four days early instead of drive home. So that meant I had to drive to Denver International Airport today. All by myself. So today, for the first time, I drove all the way to Denver International Airport. All by myself! And I did! No one was with me, and I didn't use a GPS, I didn't look it up on Map Quest or Google Maps, and Matt didn't go. So yeah. I pretty much feel SUPER cool and accomplished knowing that I got there all by myself.
So we are so glad that Brendan is back and then he had a good time on his trip. He was able to see friends, his family as well as mine! Alexis and my mom passed through LA when he was there with his brother so they were able to talk for a while.
Anyways, we just missed him and are so happy he is back! Especially Cammy.

1 comment:

  1. Your friend Matt must be a pretty small person for that jacket to fit you so well, so I think if it came down to it... You could take him.

    ReplyDelete