Monday, November 14, 2011

Bibbidi-Bobbidi-BOO!

So Halloween. Good times. 
It was funny. The Saturday night that Matt, Mikey and I all went to Cheyenne Mt. we were talking about how the YSA here never have any dances. They had one at the conference but none since or before that I can remember.
So then the next day at church, we found out that there was going to be a Halloween dance.
We were excited but then super bummed because Mikey was the one who brought it up and then she left that morning for Utah and would totally miss it.
But anyways, I spent what little, spear thinking time I had that week thinking about what I was going to be. And every time I asked Matt what he was going to be he was always someone, or something different.
So finally I decided on Friday evening (like an hour and a half to two hours before) to be an Indian! I thought it would be so cute.
So I had just enough time to get ready and then guess what ironically Matt showed up as. . . 

a cowboy. Yeah.
So anyways, we head off the dance and then spent a while there.
So while I was there I took just a few pictures of costumes I thought were worthy of the blog.
The first one.

Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy
The Second

Toad from Mario.
(Please excuse the blue party cups. I didn't really think about it until now. But they are just filled with water so don't think I am a total devil child)
And the third.

Robin Hood and Maid Marian. 
They actually won the couple costume contest! I was so happy. But there was also Prince William and Kate that I thought was super cute/clever too but I'm glad Robin Hood and Maid Marian won.
I don't really count this guy but he really just had a creey-creeper outfit.

Oh. And he is the Billy Joe Sushi guy too. Haha.
That that really raps up the dance.
So Monday Night.
Kate decided a while ago that she wanted to be a princess (who didn't see that one coming). So then when she thought about it, saw all the princess costumes, and then noticed the ones she was missing, she finally decided to be Cinderella. It was quite cute.
The school did a parade and so they went throw the whole building and got to show off there costumes. I missed it because I went to Denver to pick up Brendan. But then Monday evening, I took Kate up stairs and did the whole sha-bang; the works. 
So we first started with the traditional Cinderella bun. After the hair we did some make-up!
Kate loved it! She felt like she was really getting the royal treatment.
And of course, just to help put us in the mood, we listened to Disney music. It was so much fun to dance and sing with her as we got her already. It was almost like getting ready for a dance but with a four year old.


So what was I you ask? Well what would Cinderella be without her Fairy Godmother! 
That's right. $4 dress at Goodwill. Super good find.

So this is us outside underneath the arch that Gary so nicely set up.

She was so cute! It was funny; I felt so special. So Corinne and Brendan almost left without me (but I'm not bitter) but then Kate started saying, "Wait! No! We can't leave with out my fair godmother! We can't leave! I need my fairy godmother!"
It made me feel noticed. I loved it.
So then we took off.

Kate walked around the whole night in her little heels. We didn't think that would last very long but it did.

Even Cammy came for this special event.

So Kate I think got the whole routine down this year. The stairs were something that she wasn't completely prepared for however she worked through it.
It was funny.

So she was coming down off the stairs and she lost her slippers! Just like Cinderella. We all laughed.
So anyways, Kate actually surprised us and lasted for quite sometime. Towards the end we just made Kate turn around and hit up the other side of the street. But she did really good. I was impressed.
So we returned back home to Lynn and Gary who stayed behind to pass out candy so then Kate thought that she would give it a try. Oh my gosh! Home girls is nuts.
She was so devoted to making sure she gave the kids the candy she wouldn't leave the door because she wanted to be right there when they came to the door. Finally she started sitting on the couch so then when the doorbell would ring she would just jump up and sprint to the door. At first I thought that that would be super great because then she would just hopefully crash and go to bed. However I then noticed that every time she came to the door she had a knew piece of candy in her hand. So yeah. It was a little nuts. But it all worked out it the end. The very late end.
It was so weird. I noticed going trick-or-treating with Kate it was a totally new experience taking and helping someone trick-or-treat then it was to either be the one trick-or-treating or just giving out the candy. I don't really knows if that makes sense but this year was just different for me. But a good different. I loved it and now have lots of new chocolate to add to the stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment