Sunday, November 6, 2011

Lord of the Flames

So the Saturday after Brendan left and Kate got her filling, me and a the two friends that I hang out with the most decided to hang out that weekend.
So let me just introduce them first before I get into the actually story.
So this is Matt and Mikey! 

(Mikey on the left and Matt on the right. And me in the middle)
So Mikey.

Mikey actually just moved out here like a month after I did form California. She's from Orange County, graduated high school, and came out here to work for her aunt for a few months before she goes to school at (guess where) BYU-Idaho in January. She's pretty much the super cute, blonde, skinny version of me. So it's been way fun getting to party with Mikey in Colorado before we both have to leave and get to party even more in Rexburg. I just love her! I think she's so cute.
So Matt.

Matt is a Military Brat and has been all over. Born and started being raised in Arizona. Then he spent 5 years in Japan, moved back to Arizona. Then moved back to Japan for three years and then moved back to Arizona for like three days and then went to Canada for his mission. Then he came back from his mission and lived in Texas for a while and then he left to California for six months before he finally landed up in Colorado Springs this last March for work.. So anyway, he's an engineer and works on satellites in the Air Force and has a really cool leather A-2 Flight Jacket that I want really bad.
So the story.
So the Saturday after Brendan left Mikey, Matt, and I all decided to hang out because it was Mikey's birthday the weekend before but her mom and sister were in town and then she was leaving to Utah for a week the next day to visit some friends so we thought that this would be the best time. 
So Mikey got off of work and then came over to my house to get changed. After she changed we all left and went to Chili's! 
(That was really my only random, selfish request. I know. And out of all the places to go Chili's? But sometimes, it just hits the spot.)
So that was really good and where the above picture of the three of us was taken as well.
So then after Chili's we were going to go down to Manitu to the penny arcade and do some damage there however, for some reason, when we got there it was closed. At 8:30 on a Saturday night! We were all super confused and disappointed as to why the arcade was closed so early on a Saturday however we didn't let that rain on our parade.
So then we all loaded back into Matt's car (which by the way we named Aeneas which is Greek for "the praised one." I just LOVE that little grey Aeneas) and started diving to the top of Cheyenne Mountain. 
So when Matt first moved here his crew went to the top of Cheyenne Mountain and so he has been wanting to take us before it go extremely cold so we thought that this would be the perfect time.
So as we kept driving up I soon found out why Matt wanted to take us. The higher up the mountain you got the more of Colorado Springs you could see and it was so pretty. (I tried to take pictures but that didn't really work out like I envisioned.) But it was just so quite and peaceful and all you could see where thousands of lights. It was just SO pretty. It was definitely a sight to see. I loved it. I think that my husband will have to propose there now. I don't really know how that will all work out but yeah. He'll just have to figure that out. Ha ha. Just kidding.
So after we looked at the lights we pulled off into one of the camp sites and built a fire for some s'mores.

So you like the random piece of wood? Yeah. I found that and thought that that would just be a fun thing to burn. And it was. But get this. See those three big pieces of real wood? Yeah. I chopped those up myself. With an ax. It was a pretty big moment for me. I felt like that one time at girls camp when the Bunting Boys and Kacey Kennington all took turns chopping wood for our fire. It was pretty much one of the funniest things I've ever witnessed in my whole life.
But anyways, Matt and I just keep looking for things to add to the fire but then stopped because after a while it got super hot! Mikey and I kept scooting back and because our legs were on fire. I'm pretty sure that the hairs on my legs were singed just by sitting close to it. And I was wearing jeans. But it was one of the best fires that I have ever been apart of. I'm super proud. It wasn't big but it was just hot! 
So part of this big venture was to introduce the Reese's Peanut Butter-cup S'more to Mikey. She had never had one and I was like, "Mikey, Girl. Really. You have never lived."

So I got it all ready and showed her and started chowin down.
So Mikey, not as sold on the idea, started her's and then took a dive into heaven.

Mikey's exact words after her first bite, "Holy cow. Oh my gosh this is really good! Oh my gosh. Who knew? Holy Cow."
It made me very happy. Told you Mikey.

Me and Mikey VERY satisfied.

 
So Matt was being  EEXTREMELY lame 

and wouldn't take any normal pictures. 

Until I told him we wouldn't stop until I got one good picure.

I don't ask for much Matt!
So then Matt and Mikey took a few pictures. Oh my gosh. Some of the funniest things ever. I wish I could have just started recording instead of just taking pictures.

This was fine. But then they just got silly.

I don't really know what this is but I call it Matt's GQ.

And Mikey. . .being. . .Mikey.

I think this is my favorite.

What can I say. They are dorks but they make me laugh.
So this next picture describes my relationship with Matt. 
He gets busy when and then leaves himself vulnerable. So then I take advantage of that and I attack.

However. . .

it usually doesn't ends up in my favor. So then when I ask for help, Mikey is just sitting there and is laughing so hard I don't get any. However, in this case, she just happened to snap a few pictures while she was laughing. 
I actually felt kinda bad. I meant to push him backwards and instead he rocked forward and, somehow, his hand landed on some hot sand! I felt really bad but luckily it didn't burn him. It just. . . surprised him. And luckily he had just put the fire out so no flames were involved. Just the remains.
So then we packed up and started headed back down. It was so much fun. But it wasn't over yet.
So on the way back to Aeneas (the car) this white truck comes flying super fast down the mountain. So then Matt says, "was their door open?"
So then just a few minutes later we see their car pulled off to the side and this guy starts waving us down. So Matt rolls down his window and this guy walks up to the window and says, "Y'all got any jumper cables?"
Matt did so he steps out of the car (and then I locked the doors Dad. Don't worry) and helps these guys jump start their car. So while this is happening they start telling Matt their whole story.
Turns out their battery had died. So they were going super fast because they were coasting down the mountain and their door was open because the guy was standing out of the car shining a super small flashlight on the road to see where they were going because their head lights went out. Can you say billies from the hill?
So from the, "Ya'll got any jumper cables," to the guy standing out of the car shining a flashlight on the road, Mikey and I almost pee'd our pants form laughing so hard. It was the best, most random way to end the night. We joke about it all the time and  people just look at us like we are so lame. But that's ok because if you were there you would be laughing too.

It was crazy but I am definitely lookin forward to what other crazy adventures the three of us will encounter.

1 comment:

  1. You may be mighty in spirit bash, but you are teeny in stature. If they've got a foot of leverage on you there is probably no chance you will win. Just sayin ;)

    ReplyDelete