Thursday, November 10, 2011

Martha Stewart, Robin Ray, and Susan Dunn Would be Proud.

So Halloween weekend was crazy! It was a good crazy though.
So Lynn and Gary had just gotten here the night before so Saturday morning they took Kate and I out for breakfast. (Corinne was at the hospital working.)
So after breakfast we went to Wal-mart to get a few things that they need.
They are just so funny when they shop together. I loved it and thought it was rather great.
So then after Wal-mart (the real reason I was excited for Saturday) I made. . .

!!!!!
Lynn actually sent this package out for Kate and Corinne a week or two before the came out and apparently at the bottom of the box, was this book for Asher! I absolutely love it! There are like a bazillions and one ways to make different kinds of cake pops. Anything from clowns to aliens, or from farm animals to zoo animals, or from baby faces for baby showers to turkeys for Thanksgivng. Even dradels  for Hanukkah! It's amazing.  
So anyways. I thought that I would start with something super simple and go with the season so I decided to make pumpkins.
So I made the cake and started doing all the required steps to make heaven into little balls dipped in chocolate.


So note to self, I felt like using a spoon got me nowhere so then I started using my hands and that made the whole experience that much better.
Yeah and my hair was a hot mess and there was gunk all over my hands so I couldn't really fix it. However I really didn't care.

So then after I mixed we started rolling.

This was probably a fourth to a third of what was made.
However because there was a bunch we didn't dip them all. We kinda have just dipped as we go, or as needed. 
But after we finished rolling we started dipping!

Aren't they so cute!

I used cheap white chocolate just because, well lot of reasons. It was the first time and so it was more like a test run so I really didn't want to buy the expensive kind in case it was a total fail. So it didn't dip very smoothly, however it totally got the job done and tasted really good. And I think they look really cute for some thing that I have never done before and that we were just going to eat and not even display!
So then, at some point in the middle of all of this when Matt found out I was baking, he came right over. Ha. Oh boys and their food.
So as we were cleaning up the cake and chocolate mess Matt's roommate, Galvan, called and asked if I could sew.
My response, "Um. . .depends."
So then Galvan showed up too, we offer him a cake pop and asked him to explain the reason for his visit. I guess "what had happened was" Galvan was going to this Halloween party so he went to Goodwill and got a bunch of blue random articles of clothing and was like, random things you find at Goodwill. However the pants he got were huge and about a size or two too big. So I ended up taking in the leg a little and hemming them. I felt super cool.
I felt like Susan Dunn. Not gonna lie. I think she thought all those times I went over to have a dress taken in or fixed I just sat there and talk to her the whole time. But really, I was taking mental notes for a day like this that I would have to whip them out and impress the Military (and myself).

They actually turned out super good. He was in kinda a big rush so I wasn't able to take a picture of the finished product but, all you need to know is that they were well done and looked, and fit really well.
But then, right before he left, he said something about a tie and he forgot to have someone tie it.
So then I was like, "What? You have a tie too? Do you need it tied?
"Yeah. Can you tie ties too?"
"Hand it over Galvan."
"Oh my gosh! You can tie ties too?! Oh my gosh. I owe you. Thank you so much."
Then he was off to his party.
After I tapped the little bit of sweat off my forehead I ran up stairs and got ready for stake conference. So I went to Stake Conference. Love it. They talked a lot about temples and scriptures and testimony. You know, the usual, but I really, really enjoyed. It was a nice calming way to end the day.
Over all, even though it was a super crazy, busy Saturday full of events planned or not, it was really a lot of fun!

2 comments:

  1. Um, maybe you forgot that time I made you learn how to hem your pants. . . your welcome! Please make cake pops when you come home for Christmas, in the shape of snowmen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not gonna lie,,, britt was pretty burnt by that. lol.

    ReplyDelete