Monday, July 11, 2011

First Day Part 1

So I call this post part one for two reasons: One, because it was my first full day in Colorado Springs and two, part two will be the day when Corinne and Brendan return to work and me and Kate have our first day and Nanny and Kate. That should be an interesting post. So anyways, I woke up, came down stairs and the first thing Kate asked was if I could watch her go swimming in her Princess Castle Pool. So since it was a nice moring and wasn't sure how long it would stay that way before the afternoon thunder and rain rolled in, I said sure.


So Kate decided that she wanted to swim with her barbies. So, naive me, went to go and get them for her; big mistake! I didn't not grow up playing with barbies however with in three minutes, I had a sadness, and ache for them that I have never had before. So let me tell and show you why. (And hopefully you don't mind the naked barbies. All their clothes were still on the moving truck that still has not yet arrived.) So first I noticed that Kate would get their hair wet, then drag them around the pool, and then flip them/toss them into the air so they would land on the concrete then would say "Whoops! They slipped." 



So here she goes picking her next victim. Poor Princess Jasmine.


She's getting her "hair wet"


and then whoops


She slipped. And soon Jasmine has joined Bell, Ariel, and Cinderella at the


Barbie Drown Unit. Sad day. For them anyways.
So the next adventure that we went to that day was one of the best things ever. We went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo and it just so happens that the Prestons got a year pass to go whenever so Kate and I will definitely be using that. So the first thing that you see as you come in are the. . .


GIRAFFES!
So of course I had to feed one and document it for the blog.


As you can tell I was pretty stoked.
I can't give everyone the whole tour because that could take another five hours. But next there was the Zebras.


There was two but this is a better picture.
Elephants


There were some alligators. There are some in the way back that perfered to stay hidden.


So the coolest thing ever. We walked into this hut type thing only to find it full of birds.



Tha wasn't even half of the room and there were about at least 250 to 300 birds. They were really pretty and colorful too. And for a dollar Kate was able to feed one and it decided to come sit on her arm.


Bears were of course there.


I don't want to give it all away because like I said before that would take forever and there will be many more trips to write about. So after we left the Zoo we went out for sushi where I ate some sushi that contained jalapeno in it and was quite yummy if I do say so myself. Pretty much it was quite the perfect ending to a pretty great day.
But before I end this post, did I mention the snakes?


Good times!

2 comments:

  1. OMG!! Asher she look so cute! Beware of baby Kate. Keep your eyes on her. You dont want to end up like the Barbies. Please avoid the snakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great zoo. Maybe you can use your barbie pool time to teach Kate the basics of CPR and lifesaving.

    ReplyDelete