Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Kate This is Winnie the Pooh. And Blog, This is Beth and Eric.

Tuesday was a day I have been secrectly looking forward too for a while. It was the day I took Kate to watch Winne the Pooh.Don't judge me. I just really wanted to see it. I use to love watching it when I was little and I would even watch it with Andi and Little Walter sometimes so I just thougtht that Kate would appreciate it just as much as we do. And I was right! Kate was so excited to see Winnie the pooh. After we ate breakfast and cleaned up her room, I could just not drive fast enough for little Miss Kate. We got to the movies and to my great surprise, Tuesday at the theater all the tickets are half off! So it only costs us ten dollars to get in which made me so happy.
The seats were a little big for teny, tiny little Kate so when she would wiggle or move a certain way the chair would fold back up and she just about fell through a few times. It was kinda funny. However I went and quickly got one of those booster seat things and totally saved the day. When the movie started it was great. Kate just sat there the whole time and ate her popcorn and would occasionally drink her drink. And the best part was that she did not have to go to the restroom once so I was able to watch the whole movie. So anyways the movie ended and I loved it! Yes is it definetly a kid movie however I just thought it was so heart warming! And Kate loved it.

(She can't ever just take a normal picture)
In fact she loved thoe whole movie experience in general. After we got out she tried to make me take her to another one. She didn't even care which one she just didn't want to leave. So now I have found a weakness if I ever need to use bribery.
 So then we got home and hung out here for a little while and then decided to go to the park. So after I changed Kate and I walked to the park which is just a couple of blocks away from our house.
So when we got to the park I thought I would just sit and watch Kate from the swing. However when Kate realized I was sitting there she wanted me to push her. So selfishly I just thought I would teach Kate how to swing herself; it worked with Andi. However. . .

when Kate realized that she had to do all the work she got bored and hopped off and decided to play in the sand. All in all I think it was a good day. I was able to indroduce Kate to the importance of Winnie the Pooh and came to learn that will have to work on her endurance.
So if Tuesday was a trip down Memory Lane it would only make sense that today was full of new ways to make memories. So the first peole I was able to meet when I moved here were Beth and Eric.

They are just so cute and so nice. Beth and Eric actually use to live in Bakersfield about forever and five years ago. So Beth's parents knew Corinne's parents and would hang out all the time before everyone started moving away. But luckily for Colorado, it some how manages to reunite everyone.
 So anyways Beth and Eric are super cool. Eric and Brenden go hiking and geo-cashing all over the place and are like two little boys on a misson while Corinne and Beth who are just so cute and sit back and laugh at them. So anyways, Beth and Eric came over and this morning and told Kate that she would be spending the day with them. Kate tried to convince them that we should all go see movies however she failed. So after we finished getting ready we went to this placed called Focus on Family which has this huge play palace/kids center that is based off this kids tv show and audio series called Adventures in Odyssey where kids can come and play and have as much fun as their little hearts can desire. And let me just tell you. Kate's heart had a whole lot of desire. about four and a half hours worth.
So the first little thing Eric showed Kate was this little video section (since all Kate wanted to do was watch videos) for kids to come and watch videos while their parents shop through the book store.

So we were there or like a few seconds and then we went downstairs where all the real fun was.
What came to be one of Kate's favorite things to play on was this half airplane that kids could walk into and press lots of buttons that make plane engine sounds.

At first, because it was kinda dark and she wasn't expecting all the loud noses, it totally scared Kate. However after a few times walking through we couldn't get her out if there.

These were the blocks for the kids to line up the character with their correct outfit which Kate ad Beth liked to do.
So besides the blocks was a stage that kids could go and perform on; and right next to the stage was this "back stage" area for kids to and put on costumes fo perform in.

Eric just thought it was the greatest.
So what was my favorite part? What else did I do besides take pictures the whole time? Well let me tell you. So after a few minutes, Beth decided to show me around and look at all the other rooms and places for Kate to play. So then Beth takes me into this one room. It was a pretty empty room and only had a counter that held four pairs of shoes on it and then had a few head sets that kids could put on and listen to a story; but, across from the counter is this.

What is this you ask? What could possible be inside? Lets see. So when you open the wardrobe, what else would yo walk into but. . .

Narnia!
It was so cool. So you can open the doors and walk through the wardrobe that even has fur coats to walk in between. And when you get to the other side the walls are painted with snow and other things you would recognize in Narnia. And they even have fake trees with the fake snow and  some lights on them. I was so impressed. And what else would you expect to find in Narina but

the lamp post!
I was so excited! And yeah. Aslan was painted on the wall which was cool and all, don't get me wrong, but you can't really hold him like the lamp post so it's not as exciting.
Anyways, blew my mind! What is that saying, simple things interest simple minds or something like that? So true.
So anyways, after my Narina thrill Beth and I rejoined Kate and Eric and find that Kate waiting in this line for this computer that you can touch and color your own picture. 

So this girl was (no lie) taking FOREVER. But Kate was diligent and stalking her prey. Kate just stood there patiently waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and hoovering a little and waited a little bit more until BOOM!

She made her move. I was kinda proud yet a little afraid.
So after Kate painted her picture we moved towards the ending of our trip Kate went back on the jungle gym for one last trip down the little kids slide.

It was so cute. Kate and Eric were pretty much BFF's the whole day. It was way funny. Talk about partners in crime.

So I would think it was a successful trip. Kate had a blast and I now have a new place to take Kate. I don't think any of us really wanted to leave. The best part is that I think Beth and Eric had more fun being able to play, and spoil Kate then Kate then did.

1 comment:

  1. That Focus on Family place looks amazing. I want one of those here. And, just so you know, you aren't the only one who has tried to teach Kate to swing herself. She is incredibly stubborn.

    ReplyDelete