Monday, July 18, 2011

First Day Part 2. And Going Strong!

So today was a "first day" for everyone. Corinne and Brendan went back to work and Kate and I started work. I think everyone was very excited and just a little skeptical. I know I was. Most of my thoughts lately  have been that this day could be either really good or really, really bad. However, I think we'll go with really good. Corinne left, and looked very sassy on her first day.

A little later Kate woke up and we ate breakfast. I made her some apple and cinnamon oatmeal with a little bit of apple juice and I had some orange juice and something else. I honestly can't remember however that's ok because we don't need to know every detail.
So then we watched Anastasia and then went out side to swim in the Princess pool. And heads up, I felt a little lazy today so there really are not that many pictures. Sorry. We played/swam with Repunzal and Bell and then not too long after Camy came and joined us, but really it turned in to me playing fetch with her for ten minutes. And let me jut say, the backyard is not extremely huge or at least there are not as many different directons for you to throw the ball so you can only play fetch for so long until you want to totally stab yourself in the eye or cut off your arms so you can no longer play. However finally (thankfully) we came inside for lunch.
After lunch Kate and I went upstairs and cleaned her room and then played with her Jasmine and Sleeping Beauty barbies. We did that for a little while and then came down stairs and joined Brendan in the front yard.
We were playing in the front yard where we then decided to play with Kate's Barbie fishing pole. At first Brendan or I would cast it and then she would reel it in hoping that Camy would want to catch the fake fish on the end of the line; but after a while it turned into me casting it and reeling it in so Kate could trying to catch it. I thought it was rather entertaining.
We then came back inside and decided to watch a movie. I couldn't find the blu-ray remote so we just watched All Dogs go to Heaven 2 on TV which had just started.
So there is something you all need to know. All Kate really wants is long hair. And her hair is kinda long but it's not extremely long. And it's so curly, and the curls are so tight, they stick very close to he skalp which makes it short and it just makes her so sad. So she thinks if she just keeps brushing her hair, Like Rapunzel, her hair will grow and be long. But she can only stroke her hair so many times before she gets bored and then she will go looking for her next victim which are usually her barbies. However today, as we were sitting there she had an epiphany. Asher has long, curly, weavy hair! So for at least, at least, 20 minutes Kate stood and sang, "brush, and brush, and brush, and brush my hair" like Rapunzel does. And if she wasn't brushing and singing, she was "braiding". So yes. Super fun for Asher.
Finally the movie ended and Kate decided she wanted a make over. So pretty much I just swept my foundation and blush brushes all along her face. Then I put on a tiny bit of eye shadow, a little bit of blush, and some lip gloss. She thought she looked so pretty. Then, get this everyone. I braided her hair.


 Yes. It is possible. It is in fact long enough for me to put a tiny little braid from one side if her temple across to the other. She was just as surprised as I was that she could have a braid in her hair. And it looked SO cute.
Just as we fnished playing dress up, it was time for us to get her ready for tae kwon do. By this point I realized I that I had not taken very many pictures at all ,and since she looks so cute in her little tiny outfit, I thought I would share the smiles.


So her and Brendan left for their "daddy and daughter" bonding at tae kwon do and think I am about to start getting ready for dinner while Corinne and I swap first day stories. So far all I know is that her day was great. So was very excited to see that they somewhat have a tag for her already.


(She's the little one made out of paper on the bottom)
So even though tomorrow, or Wednesday, or the day after, or next week may be super rough and Kate will no longer want me here and gives me a hard enough time that playing fetch with Camy might seem like a blast, I am very excited, and releived, with how today went. Things are looking promising and it seems as if Kate might actually like me. So we'll just keep our fingers crossed and our prayers strong.

1 comment:

  1. Ballet and Tae kwon do?! That Kate is well rounded. You need a better shot of the braid, I want to see it but the picture is dark.

    ReplyDelete