Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hazzah, my lord!

So the first Saturday of my arrival, wondering what the day and Prestons would bring, and I was pretty unsure of what could better than the Zoo, but just in my hour of darkness we ended up finding something just as entertaining. I found of out that we were going to nothing but a good ol' time. . . 


Renaissnce Fair! Crazy, I know. And at first, for those of you who watched Gilmore Girls and know of Luke's sister Liz and her husband T.J who were all about going to traveling Renaissance Fairs and made it look so calm and almost enjoyable, so not even the same. For once, this fair is not traveling. Apparently it is there every weekend and thousands of people love to go there every weekend. And if only I would have known, I might have brought, or made, a dress for me to prance around in. However most likely not.
So you walk in and everyone greets you and talks in, or close too, "English Acciencts" and in old/Shakespearean English. Then you walk in and see this


(the wooden man, not the people) and you know they mean business.
So one of the first little booths/hut things that you come accross is this braiding place and on my gosh.
Some of the things they could do were so intriging. I was super impressed. So I saw this girl and asked her if I could take a picture of her hair and so I did. And it is pretty much like a braid on top of  another briad with an added in twist. It was was intense.


And there were other styles that were also extremely intense however I'm sure if I chased them all down asking if I could take their picture I might have just gotten myself kicked out, so I didn't.
There were lots of people there who were in the middle of the streets that would stand there and either talk to you, or do tricks, or whatever. One person we saw swallowed fire. So my camera and I were fighting so these pictures are a little.. not too great ..but if you look at the first one you can see the stick on fire, and in the second one you can see the fire part of the stick in his mouth. Way impressive. Well kinda. Entertaining I guess.
Or I guess impressive. I can't shove fire down my throat. So props to this guy.



I decided to make so friends with some of the localers. Please excuse my underdressedness.


And out of all the crazy dressed up people who seemed semi-normal, or not scary, who we wanted Kate to take a picture with, she picks this guy.


The bum who looks like the hunch back, however she thought he was funny. 
So as most of you know, our moving truck took the longest time to get here and so for just a few minutes I thought about possibly rolling up to church in of these lovely outfits.



I'm sure the bishopric would have LOVED that. However, of course I didn't. It's far to cold in church buildings to wear one of those. (He he. Just kidding)
Kate decided to get a fake tattoo, now it is Tuesday night and she still has it so yeah. Hard core stuff hena tattoos are.


We were all very impressed by how paitent, and still Kate was.
 But the best part is out of all the butterflies, and dragonflies, and hearts, and flowers, and girly things she could have picked from, she picks this.


The skull. With the added  the word "Mom" to it. What can we say.


Oh Kate.
So towards the end of the fair they have a huge jostings show that they do. So here is what took half an hour to do in maybe fifteen seconds.


Red and white guy = the good guy. Wants to protect the kingdom.


Black and green guy = Bad guy. Wants to take over and invade.

The hit each other three time.


The green guy falls off his hourse. Then knocks the red and white guy off his horse out of anger. So then they randomly start fighting. And in the end, the red and white good guy wins. Yeah for chivialry.
So as we left the jostings we came accross our last attraction which was no other than a flute playing fairy.


 Which of course had us totally under her spell. So as bewitched Kate walked up to take a picture with her she gave Kate a little blue stone which she now pretty much thinks is a magic stone and has had ever since.


After that we went back to a friends house where all the adults went out to dinner and I stayed back and babysat for Kate and our friend Rogan who is three and Barrett who is two. It was way fun. They lived kinda of in like an open country type setting. We swang on the swings out back, ate pizza, drew with side walk chalk all up and down their drive way, watched Tangled and then sent everyone to bed. Another great way to end a crazy day was when I walked out of the house and saw this.


It was like perfect timing with just the wrong camera. However I think you might be able to get the gist of it. Pretty sights here in Colorado.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, that fair is pretty cool. You probably should have purchased one of those dresses though, just to get the full experience ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stop laughing about the HENNA! Your CRAZY! :) At least she didn't get it on her face! HA {JOCELYN}

    ReplyDelete