Friday, July 29, 2011

This Will Test Your Mind, Strength, and Endurance.

So last Friday was just the day that finished up the first week. We did your regular morning routine of waking up and eating. After we played with some dolls for a little bit when Brendan had this idea that Asher could set up Kate's tent for her to play in. So I was like oh. Ok. A little kids play tent? Not a big deal. Does he not know that I went to Girls Camp for the past six summers? So I get everything ready for me to start setting up this tent.

Bangs back and everything. So a few minutes into this pink mess I realize that I was setting more than a tent. So then I find myself  wrestling with these poles that all look about the same length but then when I looked really closely and examined them all, there was like a quarter of an inch difference. So then I have to take some pole back out and then put them back in (all by myself might I add because really, Kate was no help at all). So then it starts to get warm, so then I start to get warm. I was gonna pin back my bangs but then I remembered I already did. Some poles had stickers and most of them didn't and there was not any instructions or anything. So then i'm still fighting with the poles and the holes I thought they went too but didn't. But I was not going to give up because that would have been stupid and a sign of weakness and shown that a stupid tent would have beaten me at it's mind game so I had to stick it out. But then finally, after maybe 15 minutes, I finished setting up a house.

So Kate was all sorts of excited when I finished and just hopped right in with out hesitation. 

Then we opened up the doors to see how that looked. 

Not gonna lie. I was pretty proud. Like, I did it all by myself. I did ok without not having directions read or anyone to help. 
So super excited Kate gets in and then my heart dropped.
Kate apparently likes to play, I don't know, earthquake or something because then she starts flipping my house.
First she stands in it and then pushes it over

and then she falls out like she has been in some great disaster. 

 Then she would get out, flip it back over and did it all over again. All I kept thinking was that my 15 minutes of endurance could easily come undone with one roll. But it didn't. In fact the thing is still up. And it still gets rolled over on a daily basis; but in Kate's room not the Family room.
So then we had lunch and  then she decided that she wanted to watch her movie in her tent. So I moved the laptop to the family room and Kate and I watched some Netflix from inside her house.

So we did that for about two episodes of the cartoon Spiderman and then took a few pictures for documentation. 

After we were done with our shoot we went out front for Project: Save the Dying Tree in the Front Yard.

So we played with the house and got wet and tried to work on my fading tan. After a while Kate didn't like that I got to hold the hose so then she took it decided to chase me around the yard and get me wet.


After a few minutes of that (really when she got tired of running) she decided she would do some water ballet. 

So after I was forced to sang Little Bunny Foo Foo about, no lie at least six times, and a few other random songs I thought would make for a good ballet routine we then retired inside to get everything ready for our hike the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment