Friday, July 8, 2011

Ready for Take off. . .Kinda

So yesterday was D-Day. It was the day that I started fresh. Started clean. Started at 5:15 in the morning so I could be at LAX Airport to leave for the plane that would take me all the way to Denver Colorado where I would then start as the nanny to the Preston Clan.
After I woke up and finished packing my last minute things, I sadly said goodbye to the boys and Deasiya. Once I managed to semi-stop crying, Mom, Dad, and I took off to. . .


The sign was just as cool as I remembered! So apparently the terminal where I was suppose to go was like under construction or I don't know, it was at such a state that we walked in to the right place at the wrong time and then had to walk like an extra mile get to the rigt place,


however we finally got there, checked in and made it through security which once again I was let down to know that 8 hours of surgery does not set off the metal detectors. LAME! So we took a quick picture with mom and dad at a Starbucks,


said our goodbyes, and off I went for a two hour and eighteen minute plane ride. So two hours and eighteen minutes later, I got off the plane and saw this in the middle of the airport.


I have no clue what it is and the picture doesn't do it much justice but it really was just so cool. Or so I thought. So then, just as I thought it couldn't get any better, I take an escalator down into this area that turned out to be nothing but a small TRAIN STATION!


 It was pretty much the coolest thing ever! Who would know that people could have a train station and planes, all at the same place? Let me tell you, not me. But the thought and sight of it made me so excited. So once I got off the train and another escalator, I soon found this


I hope they were just as semi-hapy to see me as I was to see them. Kate came and gave me a hug and let me carry her through the airport til we get to lugage where she then liked to count and touch everyone that went by. The trip from Denver to Colorado Springs was so pretty. Idaho and Utah are really pretty too, however Colorado has its own uniqueness that I found extremely pretty. And probably part of the best parts of the drive were lookng at all the stores and outlet malls that I get to explore! Ah! I can't wait for those.
So Brenden  told me before I came up that the weather here was super fickle, and crazy. And with in the first hour of just getting off the plane I experienced it all. At first it was warm. Like within the mid 80's, however then, maybe about fifteen or twenty minutes later, it got a little chili and overcasty and then boom. It started raining. But only for like a minute. Maybe. Then the sun kinda peaked out just long enough for it to start raining again. But longer this time. So I experience all four seasons in 45 minutes. Yay for me.
So finally we got home and do to the hot morning Corinne and everyone else opened up all the windows before they left, but due to the freaky random weather, when it rained water came through the windows and onto the floor.



I would like to think of it as a nice little house warming present! Thanks Colorado. So far things are good. I do miss everyone at home but am looking forward to what else the weather can bring. Things look promising and if not promising at least pretty.

5 comments:

  1. This was a lovely play by play of the day. Enjoy the cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you notice that Kate ALWAYS poses for the camera. I think she is related to you girls after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad looks like he's trying to explode the camera. And you didn't even plank on that thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know you're enjoying things already. I'll email you with some places to go and things to see so you can take pictures and post them here on your blog -- sound good? Enjoy this time while you have the opportunity. I look forward to reading about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to get home and see you! Yes welcome to Colorado if you don't like the weather wait 5 mins! I loved all the pictures of the day!! DIA (Denver Airport) is so cool! And thank you Colorado is so pretty! That is why I love it so much!!I know you will too!

    ReplyDelete